35% of gen Z are learning about financial planning from TikTok, even more when taking into account other social media platforms. The clients understanding is expanding even before speaking with an advisor.
In this episode, Matt Ackermann is joined by Sonya Lutter, Director of Research and Academy at Herbers and Company, they discuss the current understanding of financial planning through social media and the comprehension clients have before interacting with financial advisors. Sonya reveals the mindset surrounding money, diving into the impact of societal beliefs surrounding money and why financial planning isn’t discussed openly.
- The impact of easy access to knowledge on education
- Why financial advisors remain a necessity
- The questions children are asking about finances
- What are some of the most common behavioral issues with money
- And more
Connect With Sonya Lutter:
- Sonya Lutter https://www.linkedin.com/in/sonya-lutter-5005834/
- Herbers And Company https://www.herbersandcompany.com/
Connect With Matt Ackermann:
- Integrated Partners https://integrated-partners.com/
- LinkedIn: Matt Ackermann https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-ackermann-b21a0515/
- LinkedIn: Integrated Partners https://www.linkedin.com/company/integrated-partners/
- Twitter: Integrated Partners https://twitter.com/Integrated4FAs
About Our Guest:
Sonya Lutter, PhD, CFP®, LMFT, is researcher, educator, financial planner and therapist. She worked in higher education for over 15 years before joining Herbers & Company as Director of Research and Academy. Previously she was administrator over Applied Human Sciences at Kansas State University. She has published over 60 peer-reviewed publications, written several edited books, and is a regular speaker in financial services.
Content in this material is for general information only and not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through Integrated Partners, a registered investment advisor and separate entity from LPL Financial.
Sonya Lutter is Director of Research and Academy at Herbers and Company and is a separate entity and not affiliated with Integrated Partners and LPL Financial.